Preparing for Surgery & Procedure
PRE-SURGICAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR AMBULATORY SURGERY PATIENTS
- The ASC will contact you between 1pm – 4pm the afternoon before your surgery to inform you of your arrival time for your procedure the next day. You will also receive instructions regarding food and drink based on your scheduled surgery time during this phone call.
- The day before your surgery, drink extra fluids. (REFRAIN FROM ALCOHOL.)
- MEDICATIONS: In general, you may take your usual medications on the morning of your surgery with a sip of water. If you take aspirin daily as prescribed by your physician you may continue taking it.
If you are on Coumadin or Plavix please notify this office and your physician to see if you need to stop or modify the medicine.
Insulin Dependent Diabetics: If you are instructed to arrive prior to 11am, hold your morning insulin. If you are instructed to arrive after 11am take one half of your normal morning insulin dose. You should take your normal PM dose the evening before your surgery and have a snack with sugar before bedtime.
Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetics: If you are instructed to arrive prior to 11am, hold your morning pills. If you are instructed to arrive after 11am take your morning pills early (5am) on the day of surgery. You should take your normal PM dose the evening before your surgery and have a snack before bedtime.
- Please make sure you have made arrangements for a companion to accompany you to and from our office on the day of your surgery.
- Please refrain from wearing any jewelry (i.e. rings, etc.) or bringing any valuables with you to our facility. Do not wear contact lenses.
- Please make sure that your post-operative doctor and therapy appointments are scheduled per your doctor’s instructions.
- Do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions or concerns. (631) 812-2678
Thank you for your cooperation
DIRECTIONS TO LONG ISLAND HAND & ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY CENTER
LONG ISLAND HAND & ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY CENTER is located at 166 East Main Street (Route 25A). LIE Exit 51N or Northern State Parkway Exit 42N onto Park Avenue (Route 231) North. Bear to the left (Just after Northern State Parkway overpass and the firehouse on the right) towards Greenlawn. Cross Jericho Turnpike (Route 25), continue north about 5 miles and cross Pulaski Road and railroad tracks. At the fourth traffic signal, make a right onto Route 25A which is East Main Street. Continue East on Route 25A through 2 traffic signals. The Long Island Hand & Orthopedic Surgery Center is a free-standing brick building on the right with parking in front.